If you’ve been keeping up with our blogs, you know we are focusing on how to change a tire while on a road trip with confidence, even if you aren’t close to our auto repair shop in Brandon, FL. Here are the last 9 pieces to the tire changing puzzle:
- It is time that you remove the hubcap and the nuts of the wheel by turning them counterclockwise. Be sure to keep the nuts and hubcap on the wheel, you only want to be breaking the resistance that they hold.
- It is time to completely raise your car off of the ground! Pump that jack to lift the tire off of the ground. Don’t go too crazy-- you only need enough space to take the tire off, and put the spare on in its place.
- Okay--Now you have the go ahead to remove the lug nuts all the way. Be sure not to let them roll away!
- Remove that flat tire! It is always a great idea to place the flat tire under the car in case the jack ends up failing.
- Bring in the new tire/spare and slide it on the axle. At this point, you can put on the lug nuts..
- Tighten up the lug nut by hand. You should be able to turn them easily by hand. This next part is very important--Using the wrench that is in your spare tire kit, tighten the nuts using a star pattern. You do this to ensure that the tire is tightened and balanced. This way, your lug nuts will be equally as tight too.
- It’s time to lower the jack so the tire is just starting to touch the ground. Go ahead and tighten the lug nuts in a star pattern once more.
- Lower the jack all the way to the ground, remove it from under the car and tighten the lug nuts once again.
- Lastly, take the old tire to us in Brandon, FL for auto repair and maintenance.
Our areas of service include:
- Riverview, FL
- Ruskin, FL
- Sun City Center, FL
- Fishhawk FL
- Tampa FL
- Plant City, FL
- Seffner, FL