Are you looking forward to that road trip of a lifetime but have a worry in the back of your mind that disaster might strike? This thought is normal, and because of this we want to give you the ability to be prepared for anything! Staying up-to-date on how to fix problems that arise with your car while on the road can greatly increase your safety and well-being. At Clarke Automotive Systems we want to give you the knowledge you need to stay ready at all times. With the following directions, we are positive you will be able to change a flat tire all on your own until you get back home to your auto repair shop in Brandon, Fl:
- Make sure your car is parked in a safe place with a flat surface to start your tire change.
- Be sure to put your car in the “park” position if it is an automatic. If it is a manual, put your car in reverse or first gear.
- It is always good to find a big rock or chunk of wood to place in front of the front and back tires to be triple sure your car won’t roll anywhere while you work!
- It is time to take that spare tire and jack out of your car. You can usually find this under the material in your trunk in a car, and by the wheel well in an SUV. You will place this jack under the frame of your car next to the tire that needs to be changed. When you place the jack, be sure the jack is in complete contact with the car frame.
- It is time to raise the jack! Pump the jack until the vehicle is supported. Be sure to stop before the car is completely lifted off the ground.
Be sure to stay tuned for our next blog to be posted on July 22 to learn the final steps of changing a tire while on the road.
Our areas of service include:
- Riverview, FL
- Ruskin, FL
- Sun City Center, FL
- Fishhawk FL
- Tampa FL
- Plant City, FL
- Seffner, FL