Are you one who enjoys taking road trips during the summer to get away and explore what you haven’t seen yet? This world has a lot to offer in many different places throughout the United States. If you have decided that a road trip is exactly what you need to get away and have some fun, make sure you get a tune-up before you leave Brandon, FL. Regular auto repair and maintenance is a must if you are planning to go out and explore areas you are unfamiliar with. Not only can we give you all of the regular maintenance that you need before you take off, such as an oil change or a tire rotation, but we can also repair your car once and for all so you can stay safe out on the road.
If this is the first road trip that you are taking and you aren’t sure what kind of auto repair you might need or what steps you should take to become fully prepared to hit the road from Brandon, FL, here is a checklist of 8 steps you should take:
- Check all of your engine fluids such as your brake fluid, engine oil, and windshield wiper fluid.
- Check the air pressure in your tires. Your recommended air pressure for your car can be located in your user manual. Be sure to check your spare tire as well.
- Getting your oil changed would be a great idea to alleviate stress on your motor, especially if your car is overdue.
- Check the wear on your tires. Be sure your tires are worthy of driving long distances to decrease your chances of a blow out or flat tire.
- Check your air filter! A clean air filter can promote better performance from your car. If you are getting your oil changed, have them replace your air filter at the same time.
- Wash all the dirt and grime off of your car to increase your visibility.
- Make sure you check all of your lights and signals are in working condition before you take off.
- Do you have an emergency kit inside your car? Stock up on food, water, a map and any emergency tools you might need.