PIE BAKING CONTEST RULES
The First Ever Clarke Automotive Pie Baking Contest is open to amateur bakers.
By participating in this event, entrants agree:
To abide by the contest rules and decisions of the judges.
- To allow their pie recipe to be viewed by the public.
- To allow organizers to publish photographs of them and their pies.
- Each pie must be made from scratch! No frozen pies, canned filling or premade crusts allowed.
- We will be taking a total of 20 contestants, 5 entries per week to be judged! The winner of each week will be moved into the finals. The 4 winning contestants will be asked for an entry to the finals, having the top three winners getting a prize!
- The first 20 contestants to enter will receive a $25 gift certificate for simply entering a pie!!!
How to Enter
- Email you name and contact info to [email protected] you will receive a confirmation e-mail confirmation of entry.
- Contestants may enter no more than one pie.
- A detailed recipe and a list of ingredients must accompany each pie.
- Each pie entered must be in the name of the person who made it.
- A pie has a bottom crust, perhaps a top crust, and a filling. Tart entries are also allowed.
- Sweet pies only.
- Crust and filling must be made from scratch by the entrant only.
- Pies should be submitted covered and at a proper temperature for the type of pie.
- NO FROZEN PIES!
- Pie dishes can be picked up the week after that weeks winner is announced.
Judging and Prizes
A panel of judges from Clarke Automotive will judge the entries. This is a blind judging, and all decisions of the judges are final. Winners will be announced after the judging is complete. Please consider the light-hearted intention of the day and accept the final decisions of the judging panel.
- All pies, including youth pies, must be submitted between 1:00 PM and 3:30 PM the day of the contest.
- There will be a minimum of 3 judges, and pies will be evaluated by entrant number only (no names).
- Judging criteria will include overall appearance, taste and creativity.
- Scoring: Each judge will assign a numerical value (1-5) in each category without discussion among judges. The pie receiving the highest total numerical value will be the winner that week. In the case of a tie, the judges will review and discuss those pies before a second vote.
- Judges will not know the names of entrants until the winners are announced.
- Winners in each category will receive prizes and/or gift certificates.
- All winners will be announced after the judging.
- Cash Prizes are as follows:
- 1st place $350
- 2cnd place $250
- 3rd place $150
For additional information or questions please call 813-685-2939
WINNERS will be photographed and announced on Clarke Automotive social media sites.